Freedom NXT Rigid
- drum braking system to help control speed, direction, and lock the wheels
- hand control that both brakes and locks the wheels and tilts the frame
- anti-tip with built in curb assist
- plus, the NXT incorporates seat frame leveling guides so you know the frame is straight and true when not in tilt
Generation NEXT Rigid Tilt-In-Space Mobility
NXT Rigid: Almost twins...
Now everything you love about the NXT in a rigid frame design!
Lightweight and dependable
Strong and durable
Easy to grow and use
Looks can be deceiving...
Common with twins, the NXT Rigid is almost identical to the NXT folder. It has all of the same great features and options.
Both are available in three pediatric and three adult sizes. At 23 lbs., the NXT Rigid is the lightest, easiest to use, and most durable tilt-in-space available. You'll be happy you roll with FREEDOM.
Innovative "firsts" to keep kids safe
The NXT is the first tilt-in-space wheelchair to have an attendant:
The NXT and Freedom Seating are approved for bus transit.
Tie-downs for bus transit are on the strongest part of frame.
Transit tie-downs are highly visible and easily accessible.
Anterior trunk supports, chest straps and pelvic positioning belts are available in virtually any style you prefer.
When the growth spurts hit and the frame won't fit, it's Freedom to the rescue! Freedom "Future Fit" program is a one time, no cost program to provide parts to make the frame wider. Freedom's NXT is a good fit today, tomorrow and forever!
*Freedom "Future Fit" program not included on SE version.
- The NXT is available in 11 sizes from 10" wide to 20"wide.
- Each size from 10" wide to 16" wide adjusts an additional 2" in width.
- The 17" wide size adjusts an additional 1" in width to 18" wide.
- The 18", 19", and 20" wide sizes are set.
- The NXT is available in 3 sizes: a short, medium or a long.
- Each size adjusts an additional 4" in depth.
- Seating frame depth is measured without seating, from the front of the back post to the front end of the seat frame.
- The small range is 12" to 16".
- The medium range is 14" to 18".
- The large range is 16" to 20".
- For additional seat frame depths, extensions can be added to the back of the seat frame There is a 2", a 3" or a 4" extension to choose from.
- The NXT can be configured in a variety of seat to floor heights.
- Selections in front casters and rear wheel sizes determine a range of choices from 12.5" low to 18.5" high, and most everything in between.
- 225 lbs
Seat Frame Widths
Seat Frame Depths
Seat Depth Extensions
Seat to Floor Height
Includes four transportation tie down securement points attached to the NXT frame. Package must be specified "on chair" at time of order. Available for pediatric and adult sized NXT mobility bases.